October 22, 2020
MIT Connection Science News, October 22, 2020
- "Differentially-Private Federated Linear Bandits", Abhimanyu Dubey and Alex Pentland, Forthcoming in Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, 2020.
"Prediction & Prevention of Disproportionally Dominant Agents", Sandro Lera, Alex 'Sandy' Pentland, Didier Sornette, Proceedings of the National Academy of Science.
"Stablecoins, digital currency, and the future of money", Prof. Dr. Alexander Lipton, Prof. Dr. Fabian Schär, Aetienne Sardon, and Christian Schüpbach, Crypto Finance.
- "Giving a Voice to Hidden Populations – Measuring and Combatting Modern Slavery With Data-Driven Solutions", Bryan Wilson and Dazza Greenwood of the MIT Computational Law Report virtually present at the UN World Data Forum alongside IBM, Thomson Reuters, Gallup, the Future Society, and United Abolotionists.
- "Collective Action through Tech and Data", Dan Calacci, Graduate Research Assistant
- "Designing Through Collective Action", Zivvy Epstein, Graduate Research Assistant
- "Jump-Starting America: How Breakthrough Science Can Revive Economic Growth", Prof. Jonathan Gruber.
- "Resiliant Communities: Towards Civic Homeostasis", Prof. Kent Larson
- "How Tech Giants are Killing Innovation", Prof Sandro Lera
- MIT Mobility Forum; Fridays 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Boston) starting September 11 [Please register here for the zoom info]
- MIT Trusted Data Weekly Seminar, "The Future of Financial Data Access" Wilson D'Souza, CTO, Akoya, Friday, October 30, 10 AM (Boston)
- The Data Conference, November 6th 10 am - 4 PM (UK)
- Building the New Economy: Trusted Data, AI, and Risk Management, November 3, 2020 9-10 am (Boston)
- MIT Computational Social Science Lunch talk with Prof. David Lazar, Wednesday November 18, 2020, 12:00 - 1:00 PM (Boston)
- MIT Connection Science Sponsors' Conference, December 10, 2020.